Do you have the mindset that 'the harder and longer I work,
the more money I make?'
This mindset may have got you to where you are today, but one thing is for certain, it won't get you to where you want to be long term... Freedom (time and money freedom) whatever that means to for you.
If you hardly see your family and are always consumed in the business, then you’re likely caught in this productivity trap. You might have seen your dad or someone you know do this and it’s been instilled in you that this is the only way to make money your family.
Most of us are part of the generation that still holds onto the traditional notion that working harder and longer equates to making more money.
But in reality believing and acting this out makes us “Productivity puppets” to this mindset and it could be doing more damage to your business and even relationships.
See if you have these traits:
- Having just a “do, do, do everything” mindset, not a leverage mindset, especially if you’ve built a business around your trade or profession.
- You look at your business from your trade or profession perspective, not through the eyes of a business owner (yourself) or investor.
- You think it is easier to do it yourself, no one can do it as good as you and it’ll saves time & money.
- Never really learned the skillset and mindset of what it takes to be a leader of an business – the transition required as you scale the business.
While it isn’t easy to shift your mindset, it is certainly possible and like making a change with anything, it will take time.
The ONLY solution is to challenge the way you are currently thinking and acting and start the transition to be the leader who loves to LEVERAGE.
Leverage = more Time & more Profit
More Time & more Profit = more Freedom
Freedom to spend the time with your Family and doing the things you love
There are 2 main activities that will help you breakthrough this Productivity Trap and transition to BE the leader who loves to LEVERAGE:
- Understand your priorities: The day is too short to get everything done, but do you really need to get everything done? Will the business halt because you did not attend to something? Look at your operations and tasks – what are the important issues to look at that needs immediate attention, and what are the others that can either wait, or be scheduled to be attended to later. Or, can they be done by someone else?
- Access your week: Document and track your time for a week: State the activity, the time spent on it and what it would cost if you’d pay someone to do that task for you.For example – “From 6pm – 7pm – Type invoices to be sent out the next day (1 hour). I can pay an admin person $25+Super/ hour to do this. I only need to spend 10 minutes to check them before sending it to the customer”.
When we free ourselves form the Productivity Trap, we’d do it from a place of fulfilment, achievement and choice. We’d work because we want to, not because we have to. That is freedom.
Founder - Pravar Group
Are you a Trades, Construction or Service Based business owner turning over at least $750k p/a, and want to release the time and financial constraints in your business & life?
Register for your FREE strategy call and learn how we can help you restructure your business in a way that quickly unlocks growth and profits enabling time freedom and most importantly reconnection with your family.